Hansel is based on Hansel from the German fairy tale Hansel and Gretel.
Appearance and Personality Edit
As a playable character, we never actually see Hansel during the game. Unless he is pictured elsewhere in the series, we may never know what he looks like.
Hansel is an intelligent and resourceful boy, one who is brave and willing to do anything to save those he loves when they're in danger. Despite his heroic acts and his newfound abilities as a Golden Child, Hansel keeps his powers a secret and lives a quiet life.
Hansel is the son of a poor woodcutter. His birth mother died while Hansel was still very young. His father remarried a woman who cared little for her new children. As a result, Hansel's stepmother abandoned the little boy and his sister, Gretel, in the Ogre Forest.
Hansel and Gretel found a house made entirely of gingerbread in the forest, and Gretel raced to it. However, she was caught up by an Evil Witch and it was up to Hansel to save her. In doing so, Hansel also managed to free the Moon Goddess and save the entire forest from the Witch's evil rule.
To thank Hansel for his good deeds, the Moon Goddess bestowed a magical gift upon him, turning him into the first ever Golden Child and promising that his descendants would inherit this same gift forevermore on every Silver Moon. After these heroic efforts, Hansel brought Gretel home. Their wicked stepmother ran away, never to be seen again, and the two children were welcomed home with open arms by their loving father.
Hansel kept his new abilities secret, choosing instead to live a quiet, happy life...Until the Tinderbox.
- Woodcutter (father)
- Biological mother
- Stepmother (possibly dead)
- Gretel (sister)
- The Moon Goddess (benefactor)
- Gerda (descendent)
- Evil Witch (enemy)
- Ogre (acquaintance)
- "There's a cottage nearby. Maybe we can go and ask for help."
- "A cottage made entirely out of cakes, candies and gingerbread? I'm not dreaming... Am I?"
- "Trees made out of candy and gingerbread? This is paradise."
- "Yikes! Where did this giant spider come from? I think it wants me for supper."
- "Yum! That's a big piece of cake... But Father once said that it is impolite to take things without asking."
- "This must be where the witch sleeps at night. Do witches actually sleep?"
- "I really want to go home."