The Old King is a minor character briefly mentioned in the twelfth Dark Parables game, The Thief and the Tinderbox. He was the former king of the Mountain Kingdom, and the father of Rasputin and Edric.
Appearance and Personality Edit
As the Old King is deceased during the events of The Thief and the Tinderbox, his appearance is only known through a mural piece that shows a solemn-looking man with grayish hair and a beard. He wore black armor with a green and red tunic and a golden crown on his head.
Not much is known about the Old King's personality, but it is implied he was a wise and fair ruler, who had given both his sons three tests in order to judge who would be a better ruler.
The Old King was the ruler of the Mountain Kingdom and the father of Rasputin and Edric.
The Old King set before his sons three tests: the first was to retrieve a feather from the top of a mountain, the second was to fight an armored soldier in combat and the third, (and most important), was how they behaved towards their beaten foe.
Because Edric has passed all of his tests, the Old King made his youngest son heir to the throne.
- Rasputin (elder son, sealed)
- King Edric (younger son, deceased)
- Snow White (granddaughter)
- Prince James (ex grandson-in-law, deceased)
- Ross Red (grandson)
- Rapunzel (future granddaughter-in-law)
- Prince Gwyn (great-grandson)
- Gerda (great-granddaughter-in-law)
- Empress Brunhilda (first daughter-in-law, deceased)
- Evil Stepmother (second daughter-in-law, unknown)