The Sentry is a minor character first seen in the tenth Dark Parables game, Goldilocks and the Fallen Star.
The Sentry is not based on any particular fairytale character.
Appearance and Personality Edit
The Sentry is a large, imposing gentleman with a partially shaved head, a mustache and a prominent bear paw tattoo on the left side of his head.
He is a strong, loyal guardian of the Kingdom of Barsia. Even in times of war, he still gives strangers a chance to prove themselves before turning them aside. When Queen Valla is overthrown, he remains loyal to the kingdom and Leda.
We know little of the Sentry's history, but he was present in Barsia for Queen Valla's reign and the fake war she instigated against Olesia. He seems to have played a role in training and controlling the Golden Bears that act as guardians for Barsia and the royal family.
He is instrumental in the Fairytale Detective's investigation of the Silver Stag attacks around Barsia and helps her gain access to the castle keep. He was most likely turned to gold along with the rest of Barsia's populace. This curse was later reversed when Leda made a wish on the Fallen Star.
Once Leda became Queen, the Sentry remained at her side and continued fulfilling his duties. He was instrumental in keeping an eye on Jack once he was captured sneaking around Barsia.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Commands Golden Bears: The Golden Bears seem to listen to him and heed his orders.
- "Easy, boy! Calm down. Let's see who this is."
- "State your business! The Kingdom of Barsia is closed to foreigners."
- "I can't let you pass! Well, not unless you want to help me out."
- "You keep your word, I see. Now it's up to me to keep mine."
- "What comes over the horizon? What good can the black sails bring? Move, old bones of mine! For we have to warn the Queen..."